REMOVALS TO SPAIN - HOW IT WORKS
Removals to Spain are usually undertaken by road unless you have specific requirements that mean you need to utilise another method of transport e.g. Air or Sea. Depending on your date and budget requirements Bournes will tailor your proposal to suit you.
- Exclusive Load - A dedicated vehicle and crew for removals to Spain is allocated to your move and to suit your selected moving dates.
- Direct Load - You select the date for the removals to Spain to meet your needs however other customers with destinations en route may share the space on your vehicle to help reduce your costs
- Part Load - Your removals consignment shares a vehicle with other customers moving to or from Europe, you select a delivery window for your removals to Spain with a final delivery date confirmed before the vehicle departs.
INSURANCE FOR YOUR MOVE TO SPAIN
Click here to find out how our International Moving insurance protects you during your move.
REMOVALS TO SPAIN - IMPORT PROCEDURE & CUSTOMS CLEARANCE
If you are moving from the UK to Spain you will not be required to clear customs as there is free movement of goods within the EU. For removals to Spain from outside of the EU your move manager will give you all the information you will need on clearing customs and any restricted or prohibited items.
REMOVALS TO SPAIN - WHAT TO TAKE WITH YOU
In the case of electronic items most purchased in the UK should work as the supply is 220V/50Hz – but remember you will need to change the plugs or use adapters. Spain use the standard 2 pin Euro plug used widely throughout Europe (except the UK!)
For furniture and household removals to Spain it is definitely worth doing some research in advance on the cost of items in Spain vs. the UK – this will allow you to get an idea of how much it would cost to replace those items you decide not to move and then compare this with the removal costs. It is also important to check what your new home has included (if you already have this arranged e.g. fitted wardrobes / cooking appliances / white goods) so that you don’t waste space on things you definitely wont need!
Also think about the size of your new property in Spain, if the property is smaller with tighter doorways or stairwells is your UK furniture going to be able to get into the rooms? Discuss access with your move consultant as they may be able to suggest alternatives or give you a better idea of what may fit.
For items such as licensed shotguns, you’ll need an export license. Ring the National Advice Service on 0845 010 9000.
REMOVALS TO SPAIN - TAKING PETS TO SPAIN
Spain is a member of the Pet Travel Scheme (PETS), allowing cats and dogs to be taken from the UK to Spain and vice versa. To be eligible your pet must:
- be fitted with a microchip
- be vaccinated against rabies
- wait 21 days from the date of their first rabies vaccination before travelling to another European Community Country
- not have visited and non-approved countries or territories for at least 6 months before re-entering the UK
- be blood tested with a satisfactory result by a European Union approved laboratory
- wait 6 calendar months from the date the blood sample was taken before re-entering the UK
You must also ensure your pet:
- is issued with a pet passport by their vet
- is treated by a vet for tapeworm and ticks, not less than 24 hours and not more than 48 hours before checking in with a PETS approved carrier for the journey
For more detailed information on pet removals to Spain and to ensure your pet meets all the requirements please visit the following website: www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Foreigntravel/BeforeYouTravel/DG_4000019
REMOVALS TO SPAIN - TAKING CARS TO SPAIN
Used motor vehicles and motorcycles can be imported providing they have been in your possession for a minimum of 6 months. You will require:
- photocopy of your passport
- original registration card
- valid plates
- valid international insurance certificate
- car purchase invoice
On entry the vehicle will be granted a 6 month stay permit before being imported (or re-exported) on a definite basis. A residence permit plus a certificate of CIF value for the car in Spain and payment of any applicable taxes may be required for final importation.